- Ask yourself what “self soothing”/resiliency tool you need in this moment to feel at peace, and for wellness.
- Limit intake of news sources. Turn off phone notifications.
- Honor your feelings through a healthy practice including talking/writing about your feelings/emotions. Share with a trusted loved one or professional.
- Use a mindfulness strategy that feels centering for you to realign with yourself and with God/Spirit/Universe. (Body scan, Pranayama, Kundalini, etc.) I love to use my breath and visualization for joy/peace to re-align. Our breath is our most accessible tool that we have in real time to intervene with our physiology. We can also use movement and visualization to assist us in de-escalation.
- Check in with your body often throughout the day. It will always tell you what you need. (Rest, deep breaths, food, water, connection, etc.) Allow yourself to take frequent “brain/body/Spirit breaks”.
- And remember, connection is key to our mental wellness which is directly related to our physical wellness.
Lastly, stay connected to God/Universe/Spirit, or whatever “ Enlightening/Guiding Source” resonates with you.
For information on how I can support you during these challenging times, body, mind and spirit, email me at wendyblanchard044
Love and blessings always,